Message sent from:

What time does school start and finish?

Due to COVID our classes have staggered start and end times dependant on Year group. Please see COVID information section for further information.

  • Where do I buy school uniform?

    Havering Schoolwear is our school supplier and all uniform requirements can be purchased in their store on Hornchurch Road or via their website - http://www.haveringschoolwear.co.uk/Find-Your-School/St-Marys-Catholic-Primary/

    Some badged uniform can also be sourced via Tesco Online - https://www.tesco.com/direct/st-mary-s-catholic-primary-school/6644.school

    Non branded uniform can be purchased in the usual places.  Please see our uniform section of the website.


  • Where can I park?

    Please try to to walk to school and avoid the congestion at those times.  If you need to drive, please park conscientiously on the roads around the school and NOT in the staff car park.  The church car park is locked at 08.30 reopens at 09.00.  In the afternoon, the church car park closes at 14.45 and reopens at 15.30.  Please do not move vehicles in the car park between these times. There are a number of car parks in the locality. 

  • How do I apply for a place at St Mary's?

    Please see the Admissions Criteria in the Important Documents section of this website.

  • How do I report a pupil absence?

    If your child is unable to attend school due to illness, please call the school office on the first day of absence before 10am.  If your child is away from school for more than a day or the illness extends over a weekend, you will need to call again. Please note that following advice received from the Public Health England, we have a strict policy that children cannot return to school for 48 hours from the last bout of vomiting or diarrhoea. When you child is able to return to school, please provide a letter via the school office containing brief details of the illness and the dates the child was absent.

    If your child needs to attend an appointment during school time, you will need to provide a copy of the appointment letter to the school office in advance.  If you let us know what time you will collect your child we can ensure they are ready at the School Office for collection.

  • Can I take my child on holiday in term time?

    Please see the Attendance Policy for details.

  • Can my child take prescribed medication in school?

    If for any reason your child needs to take  prescribed medication whilst at school, you must complete a form detailing the time and amount/volume of medicine to be administered. You can collect the form from the School Office. The parent or carer should hand in the medication directly to the office, not via the child.  Further information can be sought in the Adminstering Medicines Policy

  • How can I keep in touch with the latest school news?

    Download the SchoolPing app from your app store and we will be able to communicate directly to your phone.

  • When is the School Office open?

    The School Office is a very busy place and as such we need to strictly adhere to opening hours to allow the office staff to carry out their numerous roles throughout the day.

    School Office opening times are as follows:

    Daily -

    Morning 09.00 - 09.30

    Afternoon 15.00 - 15.30

    Please only attend the office during these times.

  • Where do I drop my child in the mornings?

    All children enter and exit the school via the front playground. Please walk to school if reasonably practical.  If you have to drive please park considerately and walk the final part of your journey.  The front playground is pedestrianised around pick up and drop off times.

  • Does my child have to drink milk? How do I order milk?

    Children do not have to have milk, but it is available if they would like to have a carton daily.

    If you would like your child to have milk, contact the provider www.coolmilk.com and follow the instructions. The milk will be delivered to school on your child's behalf

  • How can I contact my child's class teacher?

    If you wish to speak to your child's class teacher, please arrange an appointment via the school office.  It is not always possible to for the teacher to discuss items on the playground at the end of the day as they have to prioritise the safe dismissal of all children and will often have meetings to attend immediately after school. 

    The Office will be able to arrange a mutually convenient time to meet.

  • Can I receive paper copies of school documents?

    Yes. Whilst we try to minimise our paper consumption, all policies, newsletters and documents are available in hard copy should you wish.  Please contact the school office.

  • Do we have before and after school care?

    We do not provide before school or after school care directly.  There is a breakfast club in the Parish Hall that is operated by Parklanes Wykeham Childcare, who also collect children after school and take them to after school care at their bespoke facility in Barton Road.  We are fortunate to have lots of childminders who organise drop off and pick up care from St Mary's also.  Their details can be found online or by word of mouth from parents.

Hit enter to search